Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Joel has gone straight from crawling to trying to reach everything that is 26.5 inches or lower. Time to put away everything on that table...

Moms need to use the bathroom. It's a fact. So, when this happens, moms need to bring their slightly mobile children in with them. If the mom turns arounds for a split second, she may find that her 6 month old has discovered the joys of pulling all the toilet paper off the roll and tearing it apart.

Joel and I went to the art museum today with Tess, Andrea, and Jacque. It was very enjoyable. The new glass pavillion is opening in a month. It looks incredible! Apparently they are getting an all new blowing studio. It may be nearly time for me to finally take a class.

Joel loves pop art. LOVES. I held him up to a few pieces and he giggled and started jumping (well, trying to jump, anyway). Unfortunately, I have no use for pop art. He did seem to enjoy the Matisse in the entrance, though, so we may have some common ground there.

Jennifer and I are going garage saling tomorrow bright and early. (Actually, 9am isn't "bright and early" for me anymore - sometimes I've already been up and had a nap by then!) I'm looking for 12 month clothes for Joel, and she's looking for pretty much everything for a newborn. (Max is nearly 7 now, so she doesn't have much of his baby stuff left.) Neil's mom may join us, if we are able to connect. (We played a championship-level game of phone tag today.)

Joel is still doing well with his food. He now loveslovesloves apple-blueberry and winter squash. Clever kid! (We have marvelous pictures of these adventures of food, of course, but I've noticed that they've definitely been the Bergs' Blogs Pictures of Choice lately, and I wanted to assure you that the child does more than just eat.)

3 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 4:50 PM, Blogger Neil said...

Those are soooooo cute.
Is it a good sign that he has so much fun doing things like TPing the floor?
Either way, I feel like we should get those cabinet locks on now...

 
At 7/28/2006 8:23 AM, Blogger EostreEgg said...

Hmmm, your son and my kitties seem to be drawn to destroying the same things. Maybe there's something fundamentally appealing about shredding a roll of toilet paper.

Wait, who am I kidding, "maybe"? :0)

 
At 7/30/2006 8:42 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

More eating photos! ;)

The toilet paper pic is priceless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home