Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Family Reunion this past weekend! It was a lot of fun!

This is my Aunt Trine, Uncle Gordon, Uncle Scott, Joel, & my Mom hanging out in the gym.


My cousin Matt's daughter Emily. She's holding the water balloon that she's very proud of, and has on the temporary tatoo that she won in one of the kids' games. The tatoo was supposed to say something on it, but that part didn't adhere very well to her neck...



The annual horseshoe tournament, along with bean bag throwing this year. It began raining in the middle of the horseshoe tournament, but it had to go on. (That, along with the euchre tournament and the raffle, are the most important parts of the reunion to many... they have been going on every year for the past 42 years.) (Families can sure be, um, unique!)



My Mom, Joel, and Aunt Katie. Aunt Katie is my Grandpa's sister. She is one of the sweetest and most real people I know. She is charming Joel in this picture.



This year we got a real sign for the reunion! The reunion is every fourth of July weekend in Hawks, Michigan. (About 45 or so minutes from the Mackinaw Bridge.) It's a pretty big family, and we have color-coded t-shirts depending on what side of the family we're on. I am blue.

Neil & I are picking paint colors for a few rooms in our house. Our main project at the moment is the living room. We're about to get a couch and loveseat in there, so we're going to paint it first.

Joel now has two teeth. He's also been belly crawling... here we go...

1 Comments:

At 7/06/2006 4:11 AM, Blogger EostreEgg said...

I think a euchre tournament at a family reunion is a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to suggest it for the one that we have indoors; way more fun than helping my grandma find her dentures. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home