Tuesday, June 27, 2006


This is my car after 3 of my students decorated it. Each one took a window and the three of them together did the back.

Joel cut his first tooth on Saturday! I'm hoping to avoid being bitten for as long as possible.

I've decided to look for some flute students. I think that will be the best income idea for now, in the interim when I don't really know anymore what I want to be when I grow up. There's a reason I still teach groups of flutists, so I may as well teach individuals and get paid for it. I hope to have a full, 10-hour a week schedule by September. We'll see how it goes. I wasn't sure this was what I was going to do until a woman asked me last night at flute choir if I teach. That pretty much sealed the deal. Now, to advertise... ick. It's hard to convince people that they should come to me for lessons when there are a whole, whole lot of absolutely amazing teachers in town. Hopefully, it'll take off and give us some extra cash.

Neil and I are going through some big reflection and decision-making right now. It's crazy, but long overdue. I'm glad we're not just going through life as spectators.

This weekend my mom and Joel and I are heading up north for our (big) family reunion. We're heading up on Friday. I'm not really sure how long the trip will be with Joel... it normally would take 6 hours or so. I'm really looking forward to this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home