Sunday, June 11, 2006

I am working through my bigtime negativity with my job loss. I told myself that I had one day to be angry, then one week. Now, I'm better, but icky thoughts are still creeping into my head. Tonight is my first Sunday night, though, in 3 1/2 years that I've not had somewhere to be. Not too bad.

Especially not too bad considering that I would infect anyone around me, probably. Joel was sick earlier this week with coxsackie virus. (hee hee.) He had a fever, a sore throat, and a headache. He got better in about three days. The day he felt better, though, I started feeling awful. I had a 102 degree temperature & got lots of chills, and my throat is burning. (I am currently a big fan of popsicles.) Happily, I'm over the fever and chills. If my throat is still in such a state in the morning, I'm going to try to get into the doctor.

Neil and Joel spent the day together, since I was in bed until 5pm. They had a good time.

I played at a wedding yesterday. It was nice. I always think back to our wedding when I'm at other people's weddings. I guess that's probably half of the reason we celebrate weddings like we do, to remind us all of why we did it in the first place, how we felt, the meaning behind our smiles, how it felt to have so much possibility in front of us. Perhaps sometimes, though, it turns into a "way it's supposed to be" sort of thing. How I'm supposed to feel is reflected by how much I spent on my dress, or how perfect my flowers look, or something. Or the "I have to outdo all my friends' weddings" sort of wedding.

I am really looking forward to this week - the 702 girls' reunion with Kathryn, Allison, Arlie, & Erica, and the most looked forward to wedding of the year of Casey and Jannelle! I can't wait to see you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home