Thursday, May 01, 2008

Joel and I got back from the zoo about a half hour ago. I took Joel right up for a nap, and I am still exhausted! I was waddling out of there. Seriously. As awkward as it would look to walk around there holding up my belly, I think that would make me feel more comfortable! There is so much that is easier with an internal baby vs. external, but walking around the zoo is not one of them.

I think I'm going to make a homemade wrap carrier, similar to the Moby Wrap. It looks fairly simple, but if fabric is just as much as buying one, I'll probably just order one. I'll have to check it out. It looks like it will be logistically simpler than in one of my slings.

Yesterday I went out to the midwives' office. Everything is great, nice heartbeat in the 130's, measuring 36 weeks (which I will be tomorrow), head down (WAY down, may I add... makes for interesting and frequent trips to the restroom...), all set. I was due for my Group B Strep test. (Group B Strep is a vaginal infection that women get off and on all throughout our lives. We never notice it, there are no symptoms or anything, but it can cause a yucky infection in a baby if it's mom has the infection while it passes through the birth canal. So, important to know about.) The test for the procedure involves a long, double Q-tip thingy that you put... well, where do you think you'd put that? So, I'm in the bathroom with Joel, we talk while I'm weighing myself, while I'm taking a urine sample (which he thinks is really funny), and then I get out the Q-tip thingy for the GBS test. As I'm "collecting the sample" I look over at him and he looks completely confused and borderline horrified. Poor kiddo. I hope this isn't his earliest memory or anything. Luckily he found a copy of "The Little Engine That Could" halfway through the test and seemed to promptly forget everything else. He hasn't mentioned it since, and that usually means it wasn't a big deal for him. :)

I got lots of pictures printed yesterday. I'm off to start Joel's 2nd year scrapbook, hoping to finish it before he graduates from high school.

Happy May to everyone!


1 Comments:

At 5/03/2008 7:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, those Moby Wraps look great! Glad to hear things are still going great with Baby 2!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home