Thursday, October 11, 2007

We got back late Wednesday night from our trip to the UK. It was phenomenal. Edinburgh was definitely my favorite, and I kept thinking that Miss Marple was going to walk in front of us when we were passing through the Lake District. I really, really loved it and can't wait to go back! Pictures soon-ish, I hope.

Next time I go, though, I hope to not be six weeks pregnant, taking naps every couple of hours and wanting nothing more than fruit. And maybe to be able to drink more than the tiniest sip of Neil's ale. And to not feel sick while driving through the rougher roads of Skye. I could go on, but you get the picture.

It was wonderful to go, it is wonderful to be back. I missed Joel more than I can even begin to describe. It was so nice to snuggle with him again. He learned a bunch of new words while we were gone, acquired some new things to play with (a couple of tractors and new paper to draw on), and was generally the subject of much kid-spoiling, thanks to both sets of grandparents. (I came back and found chocolate milk in the refrigerator - when I called my dad, he said, "Oh, I meant to take care of that before you came back...") So, good times were had by all. (For the record, both sets of grandparents fed him good food, too. They did a wonderful job in every way!)

And now, to make up for the week of classes I missed. Yikes. I missed a test in psychology, as well as two whole lectures worth on viruses (which I am really sad that I missed - viruses are amazing!). I still wouldn't trade it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home