Monday, August 20, 2007

It has been raining for a couple of days, and is going to allegedly continue throughout the week. Joel was starting to crawl up the walls with wanting to play outside, so I put shoes on both of us and outside we went, downpour and all! We had fun running up and down the driveway and sidewalks, and then he discovered a massive puddle in our backyard. Oh, my. We were out there for at least half an hour, running and jumping and splashing. We were both soaked, but I was nothing compared to Joel! What a blast. (I am going to be on the lookout for galloshes, though. Tennis shoes really aren't that great for getting so wet.)

After our puddle excursion, I brought him in (not by his free will, mind you), stripped him down to nothingness, toweled him off, and put him in his snuggliest outfit. I made him some hot chocolate and we snuggled on the couch for a while. Then, off to his nap.

I really do dig this momming thing. It is a great way to spend time. I'm kinda sad that tomorrow begins the fall semester classes. I'm happy to be back and learning, as I love school so much, but I am really going to miss Joel. We'll still have 5 days each week together, but I really love not being on a schedule with him and jumping into puddles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home