Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The plotting begins...




Ah yes, a new issue of Make magazine has arrived in the Berg household. Joel simply could not stand to eat in his booster seat once he saw what his dad was looking at. That's why you see a lovely yet mostly untouched plate of Zucchini Delight on the table in front of him. (Just so y'all know, "Zucchini Delight" is the name given to the recipe by Isa Moskowitz, not me. I really feel that it's important to clarify that.)

Other than that, friends are coming 'round quite a bit, which is a blast. This weekend Neil and I are playing at The Flying Bean. I'm a little panicky about my flute choir, as we have two performances in the next month and I'm just hoping we make it through them. I've been knitting just a tiny bit, but I did manage to make myself a super cute headband. Joel is saying and doing tons more (for example, I taught him today how to give a proper tea party, complete with tea set we made out of an egg carton and with guests the likes of Ella the Elephant, Bunny, and Humpty Dumpty). We're in the early planning stages of an October-ish trip to Scotland, including, of course, the auspicious site of St. Fillian's Cave on the Fife coast. (Seriously, that rocks.) School starts a week from today. Our downstairs freezer is now full of tomato sauce made from local tomatoes and peaches from one of the local orchards. (That was a several-day project of picking, cleaning, chopping, slicing, cooking, and freezing, that was.)

I've happily found a reason to watch "Hot Fuzz" again - three friends are swinging by tomorrow night who've not seen it. We're going to watch it. I can't feel as though I've got a zillion other things on my list while I'm entertaining. Such a lovely movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home