Thursday, March 01, 2007

Things that absolutely fascinate me:

1. Russian history - I just finished "reading" (on audiobook while driving and washing dishes) "Rasputin's Daughter". I love the history of the Romanov dynasty. I have ever since Hriv's Euro class senior year. I've read books on it, done informative speeches on it in college, studied it. And now, I've read a semi-fictional account of Rasputin's death. Love it.

2. Protein synthesis & DNA - There is an amazing website
that is all about DNA, RNA, and the human genome project. My instructor told me about it after class yesterday. (Plus it has a neat section on finding of the Romanov family's grave. Really neat. It mostly mirrors Robert Massie's "The Romanovs: The Final Chapter" book, though. (If you ever want to borrow it...)

3. One-year olds - Joel is amazing. He is talking, knows his body parts, is running, learning his colors (we're doing really well on red), and just being plain cool. Now, if we could just get him to sleep!

I just listened to an amazing talk - Mars Hill's message from Feb. 18th. The most amazing thought was from an African church pastor worried about a famine a few years ago. They were running out of supplies to give to people, and the pastor said, "How will they know we're a church if we're not able to give people what they need?" I have not seen a church around here yet that has had such an amazing attitude. I'm looking for it wherever I go.

1 Comments:

At 3/06/2007 8:13 PM, Blogger EostreEgg said...

It's funny that you mention Russian history...

I'm a sucker for animated movies, and I own a copy of the historically inaccurate Anastasia. I long ago decided that I would just treat it as fiction and accept the inaccuracies, but for some reason the movie always bugs Randy...

Not that this comment has anything to do with anything, it just made me remember that movie. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home