Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I have been knitting lately. Joel wants to spend every waking moment outside, and as I'm not up to running around doing much, I sit on a chair and watch him and knit. Right now I'm making a reusable shopping bag. Kind of a fun pattern.

I think the baby may have dropped a bit. I'm feeling comfortable and uncomfortable in all new ways today, and that's my best explanation of it. I'm really hoping to make it to next weekend. (Watch me now make it to three weekends from now... ew...)

I'm working on my giant to-do list for pre-babyness. Now that Mothers Day has past (and with it, the presents I made and purchased and packaged and gave), a fair few things are off the list. Now it's stuff like stock the changing tables and get bottles that won't infect my child with some crazy thing from BPA. I did learn that the Avent Magic Cups don't contain BPA and Avent nipples fit onto them! Hurrah! That means I can actually use some part from Joel and just replace a portion of them. Plus, they're usable for both Joel and the new baby, since the cups are sippy cups. (Which we only use outside sometimes... but we do use them!) I got four of the magic cups yesterday, since neither child will use them terribly often. (Joel uses regular cups 99% of the time, and the baby will mostly drink from the tap.)

I am meeting with an organist tomorrow - we're playing in a wedding together. But not just any wedding - the wedding of my very first ever flute student! She started in 6th grade, when I was in 10th grade... and she took lessons all the way through high school. I am so thrilled to be a part of this! The wedding is two weeks after my due date... so I'll look pretty lousy, but it'll be really fun. It's the first post-baby thing on my calendar. :)

You know what Joel loves? Those little capsules that you put into water and they turn into animal sponges. The ones we have are dinosaurs. It's kind of funny. He also loves cutting and gluing. I'll have to take some pictures. I love watching him learn how to glue. When he gets some on his fingers he giggles and says, "Ew! Mama, glue on my fingers! Get it off!" He's been cutting pieces of construction paper to glue, along with cotton balls and feathers. Ah, my little artist. I'll try to get some pictures up from our art adventures.

1 Comments:

At 5/14/2008 3:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool! And hey - you'll be able to breathe & everything again by the time you play - sweet! :-) Hope Baby is more considerate of your organs for the remaining time ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home