Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mom knows best, right? I finally, after an hour's struggle, convinced (a word here meaning, did everything humanly possible in order to make happen) Joel to take his afternoon nap. He's now just stirring (I think I heard him on the monitor...) three hours later. My sweet, sweet baby boy needs to know that sleep isn't the enemy! (The thing is, though, that I know I won't be able to get him out of bed before noon when he's 14. I should enjoy his enjoyment of wakefulness - and mornings - while it lasts!)

I was reading a delightful blog of a woman I do not know, but wish I did. We share a few favorite websites (mothering.com, Mars Hill, New American Dream), which intrigued me. Reading her blog has made me really look at my life and what it has become. I'm WAY off base of where I want to be. I have marvelous intentions, but I'm not putting in the time and effort I need to. I'm re-researching simplicity & vegetarianism, actually reading the labels of the stuff I use to "clean" my home, re-evaluating my choices of what I buy based on need, packaging, and origin, and generally looking at where God is in my life. If God is truly the center of my life (which I am not living up to at the moment), these things are worth the effort in order to honor God with the way I carefully choose to live. So, I guess I'm about to make a monumental shift in way-of-life. Yikes. But, worth it. This woman's blog is phenomenal, and a huge inspiration for this.

In celebration of good food, I made baked lentils and cheese for lunch (out of my new cookbook). It was super tasty!

We're having Thanksgiving at our home next Thursday. Anyone who is not going anywhere should swing by around 2:00pm. The more the merrier!

(P.S. - Joel is feeling much better. He's very cheerful and has bounced right back into his active little self!)

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

I wish I was rich and could hire someone to do the kind of research you are talking about and only buy me eco friendly etc products, oh and cook them for me and clean :)

Glad you are making the effort!

 
At 11/16/2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you're taking the time to really determine what you want in your life and to go for it!
As for the vegetarianism, there are more and more fantastic products on the market that really enable you to cook a wonderful variety of healthy meals. I love it! And hooray for lentils!
-Adele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home