Thursday, October 19, 2006

A few pictures from the past couple of weeks!Joel has a little swingset-ish sort of thing that Grandma Louise got for him. He's not wild about the swing, but loveslovesloves the rest of it! We have spent a lot of time on this outside recently.

Joel playing in the leaf pile this weekend. Actually, he was happily playing next to the Sycamore tree. We decided to put him in the leaves for a photo op. He was okay with it, but not terribly thrilled. It was a "why are you putting me in here?" type of moment. Neil and I enjoyed it, though...

More of the swingset. It's lots of fun to climb up on! Underneath Joel's elbow in this picture is a red steering wheel. Now THAT is a blast.

Pumpkin patch! We went to The Pumpkin Peddler in BG 2 weeks ago. We got 2 carving pumpkins and 2 pie pumpkins. So far, we roasted seeds from one of the pie pumpkins and I made a pumpkin cheesecake. I am going to be making soup today, I think.

A good time was had by all at the pumpkin patch.

I made a homemade batch of granola this morning. Oh, my goodness, it is delicious! I made it with rolled oats, cornmeal, Red River cereal, sesame seeds, and bulgur wheat. It was baked just a *little* too long (perfect, in my opinion, though!), and then I put in some raisins and almonds. Why in the world did I do such a thing? I got a new cookbook yesterday from Georgettes. It's marvelous. It has inspired me to do a bunch of things! I started marking all the recipes I would like to make, and Neil alerted me to the fact that I was wasting post-its by putting them on practically every page.... So, if you're hungry, my house will be a good place to be for a while! (As long as you don't mind being a guinea pig...)

Joel's first plane ride is on Saturday! We're going to visit my parents in Atlanta for a week. I'm really looking forward to the change of scenery for a little while. I'm not sure how Joel will fly. The pediatrician (who we love, by the way!!!) said that he may just sleep, and that I should nurse him on the way up and down. That would be neat, but I've never witnessed Joel sleeping (or nursing) when there's new things and people to look at. We'll see!

Joel is loudly alerting me that his nap is now over.

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

-daryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home