Monday, November 06, 2006

Joel has been sick this weekend. He's had the beginnings of a cold for about a week or so. On Friday, his cough got pretty bad, so I took him in. It turns out that he had a double ear infection and a viral infection in his lungs. (I now get the mother of the year award.) So, he's on antibiotics, a steroid to open his breathing systems (only until tomorrow, though), and has to have three-ish treatments a day on a nebulizer. He hates.hates.hates the nebulizer. Poor baby. He is doing WAY better than he was earlier in the weekend, though.

On a happier note, he just put himself to sleep without nursing. This is a new and exciting thing! Hopefully we, as a family, will all be sleeping better soon. He's become very dependent on nursing in order to sleep, and I've been doing that for a long time (well, almost 10 months now!), and I'm incredibly uncomfortable with the let-the-kid-cry-it-out-he'll-learn-you're-not-coming-to-soothe-him-soon-enough-and-figure-it-out-on-his-own method. (In short, it is generally referred to as "Ferberizing", named after the doctor who wrote the book on it.) So, I'm using a far more gentle method that, hopefully, will work.

Such is the life of an at-home mom of a 9.5 month old. These things are exciting to me. And, strangely enough, I don't feel lame about that. :)

1 Comments:

At 11/07/2006 7:39 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

thanks for the comment Anne!

I am still upset but I am taking a personal day and am going to go swimming, hopefully it will help :)

I think it is cool that you are so into fun mommy stuff with Joel. I hope he feels better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home