Wednesday, November 12, 2008


Mmmmmm... pumpkin. I spent a couple of days preserving squash. After much baking, scooping, and mashing, I ended up with lots of butternut squash (Neil's favorite), acorn squash (my favorite), and pumpkin (good and wholesome for many uses). I made butternut-sweet potato-apple soup the other day, which was lovely. Lovelier than lovely, really. And now I've twice made pumpkin ravioli. I got the recipe at Itty Bitty Bistro, a website by an online friend whose kids are the same ages as mine (literally, within days). If you cook for a small person who is sometime picky and often hungry, check this site out. It will give you tons of ideas that go beyond the whole hot-dogs-and-Kraft-dinner thing. It's totally fab.

1 Comments:

At 11/14/2008 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just have to say what an inspiration you are - preserving things and being wise with what you have! That's really great!!! :-)

And we're keeping you guys in our prayers toward selling your house - hope things work out smoothly & soon! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home