Thursday, December 10, 2009

I miss writing here... I guess it's very quick and easy to update Facebook and feel that my work of updating the world is complete.

I have lots of pictures I'd love to upload sometime soon.

Today we made peanut butter pinecones for the birds outside. (Spreading pb on pinecones and rolling them in birdseed.) The kids had a great time, and I *think* I got all of the birdseed out of the peanut butter afterward...

Joel is loving nursery school. I am sad, though, that school takes up so much of our time from here on out. We went to the Children's Museum the other day and I got a little misty about not being able to do that very much anymore. And it just gets more and more hectic from here on out. (And we're an incredibly unscheduled family... I usually try to get to the grocery store on Sunday or Monday, and we always hit the library on Monday. That's about it.) Soul-searching abounds...

Our Advent is very happily moving along. The Advent calendar I made is up, the right candles are being lit each morning, we've had one of three rounds of ornament-making to make our tree lovely, and Joel can point out the Roman Empire on the map. Good times.

I haven't cooked much this week as Joel and Asher have chosen our dinners at the last minute twice now this week. Both times they've chosen roasted kale, broccoli-cucumber-red peppers with dip, cheese, and hot dogs. I need to get making some hummus this weekend for variety!

I'm making a few Christmas presents this week. I'm making some lacing cards for Joel, knitting a bear for Asher (Joel chose bright blue yarn for him), and making something for each one of us that cannot be mentioned yet, since Neil can read. But it rocks. Trust me.

Hopefully pictures soon. The fall has been a lovely time to be in the Berg home.

Oh, and I've started running. I ran a 5K last weekend at 35:41. I'm feeling pretty good about that!


2 Comments:

At 1/02/2010 12:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!!! How did you introduce your kiddos to veggies? Ours will eat a carrot or some corn, but then decides he's done. Won't touch anything leafy, *sigh*

And how do you roast kale? I've just been tearing off the leaves for salads, but if there's a different way to fix it, that'd be cool, too! :)

Happy New Year to all of you!!! :)

 
At 1/21/2010 6:58 PM, Blogger Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

How's running going? I took about 4 wks off... just getting in about 3 jogs total in that month... so back to it, as of this wk! I didn't know you blogged - yea! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home